The Company and its subsidiaries adhere to the philosophy of conducting business commercially and with responsibility to the society. The Company is determined to create a balance between industry, environment, safety and community. In addition, the Company strives to run its business with transparency, accountability, ethics, respect for human rights, the interests of stakeholders, and in compliance with relevant laws and other regulations or related international practices to further develop and lay down the foundation for social responsibility, continuously and sustainably.
Stakeholders of the Company
The Company respects the importance of all stakeholders, especially those who are directly involved with the Company. In order to achieve the goal of sustainable business development, the Company has prioritized the stakeholders by evaluating any possible impact on stakeholders and the Company, as well as bringing the issue of needs to incorporate into the strategic planning and communications management processes with the stakeholders. Direct stakeholders in the Company’s business consist of employees, customers, consumers, business partners/suppliers, shareholders, communities around the factories and the government sector.
Framework for Sustainable Management
Thai Optical Group Public Company Limited has prepared the Corporate Social Responsibility framework based on the guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), in order to meet the needs of all stakeholders and in developing the business along the line of sustainable management of Corporate Social Responsibility.
Aside from the Company’s main vision to focus on innovation development to create value to society on a continuous basis, the Company also sees the importance of operating the business with integrity, and to prevent and mitigate any impact on the environment or the surrounding communities. The Company is also ready to support the society, to ensure strength and to always value participation.
Community and Social Development Framework:
• To create mutual understanding and to solve problems together with the community
• To promote quality of life and support the community’s income generation
• To promote education
Projects operated by the Company in order to sustainably coexist with community and society:
• Community dialogue project
• Community cooperative promotion project
• Eye health promotion project
• Science and environment studies support project
• Stamp of Virtue project
The Company is well aware of its responsibility to conduct the business that has to rely on the environment and natural resources. Therefore, the Company concentrates on using resources efficiently, providing good environmental management, as well as controlling any impact on the environment, communities and society that could be caused by the Company’s operation. Those are considered some of the Company’s missions which would lead to systematic development to protect and reduce any possible impact.
Environmental Management Standards:
• The Company was awarded ISO 14001:2004 for Environmental Management System
• The Company was certified Green Industry Level 3 (Green System)
• The Company was the first company in Thailand to study greenhouse gas emissions from plastic lens products, and has registered for the carbon footprint certificate for Excelite 1.50 plastic lenses with Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management (Public Organization) in March 2015.
Thai Optical Group Public Company Limited and its subsidiaries have an ideology and the determination to conduct business with integrity by striving to be responsible towards the society and stakeholders to uphold ethics according to good governance. Therefore, the Company has indicated its willingness to join the “Collective Action Coalition Against Corruption in Private Sector” to show its determination to fight against corruption in all shapes and forms.
The Company has also drafted the official “Anti-Corruption Policy” to use as a guideline in business conduct. This is to ensure that the Company has a clear policy to define the responsibility guideline and the proper rules of engagement in order to prevent corruption in all business activities and to make the right decision when faced with corruption risks.
1. Directors, executives, employees and representatives in every country will conduct their business with honesty and integrity as well as with the determination to uphold the law with equity and solidarity in negotiation in every aspect of business and every relationship in every country and every related agency.
2. There must be frequent and routine reviews of all activities according to this Policy, as well as to review the guideline and regulations for operation to keep up with the changes in business, rules, regulations and law.